Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Ltd (Sahel) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies, and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies, and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We work on a variety of projects across Africa, including Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leona, and Tanzania.
Job Title: Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Overview: We are looking for a junior analyst with a strong interest in agriculture to join our team. As an Agriculture Sector Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects across the public, private, and social sectors, and various value chains. We seek a candidate passionate about making a tangible impact in Africa's agriculture and nutrition sector. If you are a driven and talented individual with a strong desire to work on challenging and meaningful projects, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to be part of our team.
Job Description: In this role, you will be required to fulfill the following primary responsibilities:
- Conduct research on markets, industries, and companies to identify trends and opportunities to support project implementation and proposal development.
- Prepare presentations, reports, and other materials summarizing research and analyses and developing recommendations for clients.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to senior management and clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Create complete bibliography and contacts list of all sources of research information.
- Support Sahel Consulting with work required to deliver high-quality final reports to clients.
- Work independently but as part of a broader team of Sahel Consulting and its implementing partners.
- Support senior management on other Sahel Consulting initiatives as requested
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements: We are looking for candidates with a passion for agriculture that are
driven and self-starters. Below are key qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelors or master's in Business, Finance, Economics, Agriculture, or related discipline
- High-quality analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Willingness to travel (required)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Successful completion of CFA Level 1 is a plus.
Position based: Abuja, with occasional local and international travels.
Method of Application: Apply below