Current Job Openings
Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Ltd (Sahel) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies, and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies, and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We work on a variety of projects across Africa, including Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leona, and Tanzania.
Job Title: Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Overview: We are looking for a junior analyst with a strong interest in agriculture to join our team. As an Agriculture Sector Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects across the public, private, and social sectors, and various value chains. We seek a candidate passionate about making a tangible impact in Africa's agriculture and nutrition sector. If you are a driven and talented individual with a strong desire to work on challenging and meaningful projects, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to be part of our team.
Job Description: In this role, you will be required to fulfill the following primary responsibilities:
- Conduct research on markets, industries, and companies to identify trends and opportunities to support project implementation and proposal development.
- Prepare presentations, reports, and other materials summarizing research and analyses and developing recommendations for clients.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to senior management and clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Create complete bibliography and contacts list of all sources of research information.
- Support Sahel Consulting with work required to deliver high-quality final reports to clients.
- Work independently but as part of a broader team of Sahel Consulting and its implementing partners.
- Support senior management on other Sahel Consulting initiatives as requested
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements: We are looking for candidates with a passion for agriculture that are
driven and self-starters. Below are key qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelors or master's in Business, Finance, Economics, Agriculture, or related discipline
- High-quality analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Willingness to travel (required)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Successful completion of CFA Level 1 is a plus.
Position based: Abuja, with occasional local and international travels.
Method of Application: Apply below
Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Ltd (Sahel) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies, and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
Job Title: Gender Expert
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Managing Partner
Closing date: Open till filled.
We are seeking an accomplished professional for the position of Gender Expert. This role involves overseeing the integration of gender-sensitive practices and financial inclusion strategies within the organization, ensuring a comprehensive and equitable approach to business operations and projects.
• Lead the development and implementation of a gender-sensitive workplace culture and policies.
• Supervise the creation and execution of initiatives that promote gender equality in all aspects of the organization, including recruitment, training, and advancement opportunities.
• Provide guidance and support to teams in implementing gender-inclusive practices in project development and execution.
• Conduct regular assessments to measure the effectiveness of gender-related programs and recommend adjustments as needed.
• Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging trends in gender equity, incorporating relevant insights into organizational strategies.
• Support the project team to implement supportive policy reforms to broaden access to financial services to project beneficiaries.
• Lead the ideation and development of concept notes and proposals for gender transformative projects focused on women’s economic empowerment and leveraging the principles of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
• Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive DEI strategy that aligns with the organization’s mission and core values.
• Support the strategy team to review project proposals and provide technical guidance to improve the quality of financial institutions’ entry and support of projects.
• Contribute to the Building of partnerships within and outside the Program for the promotion of access and financial inclusion.
• Provides support to other duties as assigned.
• Provide leadership and mentorship to a team of professionals, fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
• Conduct regular performance evaluations and set clear goals for team members aligned with organizational objectives.
• Coordinate and facilitate training programs to build the capacity of the team in gender and financial inclusion expertise.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
• Advanced degree in Gender Studies, Finance, Economics, or a related field.
• Proven experience in leadership roles focusing on both gender and financial inclusion.
• In-depth knowledge of gender equity frameworks and financial inclusion strategies.
• Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lead and inspire a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
• Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
Abuja, with willingness to travel.
Method of Application:
Click on the APPLY NOW button below to start the application process
Sahel is an Equal Opportunity Employer